About ⅓ of our protein is collagen, making it the most abundant protein in the body. It is found in bones, muscles, skin, tendons, and our ligaments. Our blood vessels, corneas, and teeth also have collagen in them. Because of the body’s collagen composition, experts consider this protein as a building block.
Just like with most aspects of aging, the body gradually decreases collagen production. This explains why people in their 50s and 60s have all these aches and pains that we often shrugged off when we were younger.
As we age, the collagen needed to provide joint elasticity, bone density, and muscle mass as well as strength becomes in short supply and adversely affects our quality of life. However, you can always try to slow things down a bit and this is by taking collagen supplements.
That is the basis for our Super Collagen Support. It has ingredients that can do the following for your body’s collagen production:
- Can help maintain muscle mass. Our muscles have collagen, and it is estimated that up to 10% of muscle tissue is collagen. Some studies show that taking collagen supplements help improve muscle mass in people with a condition known as sarcopenia - when you lose muscle mass as you age.
- Supports bone strength. Our bones are made up of mostly collagen. As we age, the less collagen we produce and this can lead to bone loss. Bone loss, if not averted, can lead to weak bone structure and diseases like osteoporosis. Taking collagen supplements may help slow age-related bone loss.
- Supports cardiovascular health. Our arteries have collagen to provide structure. If you are deficient in collagen, this could lead to weaker arteries. Taking collagen supplements has been cited to help with reducing artery stiffness and improve overall heart health.
- Can help with skin elasticity and strength. Aging reduces the amount of collagen we produce, and this is bad news for our skin as much of it is made of collagen. Several studies have cited collagen supplementation as an effective means of slowing down this natural "collagen reduction" process. This can make beautiful skin stay beautiful longer.
- Good for nails and hair. Collagen supplements and ingredients that support collagen production can help reduce the brittleness associated with hair damage and weak nails. Some studies also suggest the same ingredients can help stimulate hair and nail growth.
- Supplies a daily dose of important vitamins and minerals. Our Super Collagen Support contains no fewer than 10 vitamins and minerals that can help benefit collagen production in the body. Among them are biotin, vitamin C, MSM, and vitamin B6.